Tuesday 16 January 2018

In charge of a 7-year-old

My 7-year-old daughter is beautiful, kind, academic etc but sometimes......... well ........ ............. honestly I just don't know!!

Scenarios include:

1.  Walking through the front door to the sound of said daughter shouting 'who turned my bird off' is not a statement one often hears!  She was, of course, referring to her 'Little Live Pets bird' that she got for Christmas where if you switch it on it tweets away.  You can also record something and it repeats it back to you like a parrot.  So this little bird has been known to say many things including 'merry Christmas, happy new year' and 'who let the dogs out' as well as other song lyrics!

2.  I'm cooking dinner and in she strides announcing that if there is a child in the house under 5, and there's a fire, that we shouldn't call 999 but instead ring an 0800 number and book a free home safety check!!  I don't think she's read the fire safety leaflet from school quite correctly!!

3.  I'm in the bathroom for the obvious reason, upon leaving bathroom and opening door, I come literally face to face with daughter (I mean honestly there's barely a millimetre between us!) asking me if we need to keep a leaflet from the school advertising school holiday activities!! Seriously, how long had she been stood there, face pressed up against the door!!

And those who have read my blog from last week will know about the 'may the force be reduced' incident!!

Happy days 😂😂 xx


No comments:

Post a Comment