Sunday 7 October 2018

Zog, Maya and Mary

So you may have noticed I haven't been on this planet for a while!  Truth is, I took a trip to another planet, 'Planet Zog!' 

Since the end of August someone in our house has been coughing continuously!  My 5-year-old started it before even going back to school in September, then my daughter followed suite as per my previous post 'Planet Zog'  And finally they lovingly shared their germs with Mummy and Daddy! 

It's been horrendous, feeling like I have the flu every other day, not wanting wine!  And the hacking cough that won't let up that finally saw me and my 8-year-old go arm in arm to the doctor for antibiotics.

Anyway, although I feel like I've lost a month somewhere, and have been just 'getting by' instead of living, my daughter has created, and put her all into, 2 school projects (whilst coughing!)

She asked me to include them in my blog so here we go:

#1  Mayan art.

The Maya produced some of the finest art from Mexico and Central America.  Some of the Maya's most striking pieces of art were portraits of themselves. This however, is not a portrait of my 8-year-old!  But she's very proud of it and she put so much effort into it, all her own work, year 4 obviously agrees with her!





#2  Mary Seacole

Mary Seacole was famous for healing and care of the wounded in the Crimean War.  She was also well known for wearing bright colours and ribbons so my daughter has incorporated this in her design of her article about Mary Seacole.




So this is my blog about Zog, Maya and Mary.  Have a good Sunday evening all, I will be hitting the antibiotics again later and dreaming about the wine!
Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment