Wednesday 19 September 2018

Planet Zog

There's a place my children go, when they're woken from a deep sleep, but not completely awake, or poorly and high on Calpol!  I call it 'Planet Zog!'

My daughter visited Planet Zog recently when poorly.

The first clue she gave me of her whereabouts was after getting home from school feeling terrible, she had fallen asleep on her bed fully clothed.  I had gone up and changed her into her pyjamas which she appeared to wake up for, but later proved not.  She slept for 2 hours during the evening and upon waking up asked:

Has my brother been to bed?

Little brother then asked something about dinner, I replied 'yes I'm doing it now,' to which daughter says 'but dinner's later.'  I have to explain that dinner hasn't happened yet, it's 6.30 and it's still Tuesday!

Questions that followed were:

Why am I in my pyjamas?
Are you sure it's Tuesday?  It was a bit like talking to a drunk person!
and most importantly, have I missed the Bake Off!

So after a sleepless night with a hacking cough, temperature etc, she is off school for a couple of days and the following night she falls asleep (at the right time of night this time) but unbeknown to me she has put a fleece poncho on before falling asleep, using it like a dressing gown I guess.  I don't like them falling asleep with something that could potentially be tight around their necks, so I half wake her up to take it off her.  Again I'm fooled into thinking she is actually awake as she starts talking to me, but I soon realise she is again on 'Zog' as she starts bashing her head and talking gibberish!

And on the final night of her mini break to 'Zog' she wakes during the night and stumbles around.  I get out of bed to check on her and find her sitting on the floor in the doorway of her brother's room.  I ask if she needs the loo to which she nods 'yes.'   I guide her into the bathroom to which she starts doing all the right things, then turns round catches sight of me in the doorway and says 'I'M GOING TO THE TOILET' and slams the door in my face!

So I'm stood there waiting for her, not sure whether to laugh or not!  She finishes her business and opens the door and greets me with 'OH WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE!'  And stomps back to bed!

The next morning we seem to return to normal.

'Til next time 'Zog!'

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment