Sunday 20 August 2017

Kent in bloom

Ok so the pictures in this post are only from 1 garden, but it is in Kent and it is definitely in bloom!





I don't know the technical names for them all either but they're very pretty!

As mentioned in my previous post 'Not just a pink plate' this is Grandma and Grandpa's garden.

For the time being 'gardening' is not my thing, yet anyway.  However I am quite happy wandering around on a Saturday afternoon, while the kids are busy wearing Grandma and Grandpa out, taking pictures of all the pretties! This includes aiming the camera and waiting there like the Paparazzi with the hope of eventually getting these next 2 shots!



This just reminds me of being this age and running round my grandparent's garden, getting lost amongst the plants. 

The game they were playing at the time, was 'café.'  They run back and forth to/from the sandpit, filling all different containers with sand and serving it to me and Grandma saying it's apple pie, or a latte or something! 
I do like the way that Grandpa was the only one who was actually charged for ordering something at this café!  My son has high end prices as well, £6 for an ice cream!

As always, when we left to come home, we left with a selection of odd shaped carrots, some blackberries and apples and there was also an offer for corn on the cob!  All home grown, the carrots by the kids themselves as they each have a little garden box at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  2 planting boxes side by side and the differences between the 2 is amazing.  My daughter's sunflower is 3 times the size of her, but my son's is short and hasn't flowered yet.  My son is the one who is harvesting a brilliant crop of odd shaped carrots, but my daughter has yet to pull one out of the soil that is bigger than a pin!  My daughter's lettuces got eaten by slugs but my son's flourished.

The kids have loved growing all these things though.

Happy Sunday evening everyone, I'm off to cook some odd shaped carrots! xx











No comments:

Post a Comment