Saturday 18 November 2017

Marriage is.......................

Over the years, friends, new and old, may ask where did you 2 meet?  How did he propose?  Where did you get married?  How old are your children?

All these things are for sure the events that stick in your mind and are your memories forever, they are the story telling, but they are not what marriage is.

Marriage is ........................ everything, from the moment we met to now, and (I hope) the rest of forever!

I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now if it wasn't for marriage.  In case you're wondering, that is sitting by myself on a Saturday evening, kids in bed, husband out, watching George and Larry Lamb tour Turkey on the telly, rock and roll! 

Marriage is the every day everything.  The hovering on a Tuesday morning whilst the kids are at school, going to work, school runs, having lunch with my Mum, optician appointments, cinema trips, coffee breaks, literally everything from the mundane normality to the bigger moments such as the actual wedding and having the babies!

So, I think I'll answer the questions in the top 2 lines now, for those wishing to know!
In my Grandma's garden in 2001.
On Valentines Day whilst away for the weekend in Oxford in 2005.
Red Rock Canyon just outside Las Vegas.
7 and 4!!

And finally, marriage is, hoping that when my husband gets home, he can explain why every time I decide to watch a whole episode of Midsomer Murders it's always the episode where Martine McCutcheon gets squashed by a giant cheese!! 😂😂

Happy Saturday everyone! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment