Tuesday 5 December 2017

I'm A Mother, Get Me Out Of Here!

As we go through the festive party season, I find myself increasingly looking forward to the 2 consecutive Friday nights out I have coming up.  That's 2 evenings out with friends and colleagues from my past and present, without my hubby and kids! 

The build up to Christmas can be a stressful time, amongst the Christmas card writing, wrapping, lists of what food is needed for which days, outfit dilemma's for the 2 evenings out etc you also have to fit in normal life!  Work and school.  The next 2 weeks are the busiest in the school calendar as well.  Things to remember include:  Christmas Art Attack, Tag day, donations for the Christmas fayre, pantomime trips, the actual Christmas fayre, Christmas play costumes and then the performances. 

Somewhere along the line, I also have to remember every day to let the kids open their advent calendars, then have repeated arguments with 4-year-old as to why he can't open more than 1 door!

They also still have to do their weekly home learning.  These days this includes:  For 7-year-old:  Spellings practice, maths online thingy, reading 30 minutes a day and remembering to write it in her record.  For 4-year-old:  Daily reading and remembering to write it in his record, weekly task such as to draw a picture of whatever or write out a few letters, and more recently the addition of having to play/draw with certain items, this week it is play dough, chalk and a bean bag, and remembering to write it in his - get this - 'motor home learning diary!'  It is actually written like that on the book which I'm finding quite amusing as it sounds like he's got to learn to drive a camper van!

So, as I sit here resisting having more than 1 mince pie whilst watching  - can you guess what?!  I'm also waiting patiently for Friday evening when this mother can get out of here for 5 minutes!

xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment