Tuesday 19 September 2017

Imagination versus reality

When I started this blog idea I invisaged sitting in Costa coffee with my laptop on the same routine morning each week, whilst the kids are at school.   Maybe one day that will be the case!

In reality, the last couple of weeks it's mainly been writing the post on my phone on a different day of the week (it's Wednesday at the moment but i won't publish this before Tuesday!) because I don't want to forget the inspiration for the post, and i'm not using my laptop much because its Wi-Fi connection even at home is so poor I daren't try it on a public wifi spot!

On another subject, when I imagined my smallest child starting school, I saw freedom on the days I don't work and my eyes lit up with images of the above and many different child free coffees!
In reality I miss my littlest sidekick and the noise he creates!  Tuesday is his first full day at school. Although I have lunch plans on Tuesdays it will be strange for the first time in 7 years not to have a child going on, talking incessantly,  moaning, asking to go in the toy shop etc!  For the first time in 7 years I will actually be able to talk to my Mum while we have lunch, and may be even try out different cafes instead of the same old one where we were comfortable because it had space, toilets, and a children's play area. 

Well now it is actually Tuesday and it was weird watching him walk into school for his 1st full day. He walked in without me too. 😔

So I'll sit here with my latte, watching people park badly outside, hoping both my kidlets are having a good time!

Xx











No comments:

Post a Comment