Sunday 24 September 2017

THE conversation

I guess there comes a time when every parent gets asked this question by their child, but why are the most tricky to answer questions always asked at a point when you're least expecting it! 

So I'm sat there looking at the tablet trying to decide on which red wine to put on my next Tesco order, and 7-year old is sat there reading, when the question to beat all questions is asked by 7-year-old - 'Mummy what's sex?!!'

As tempting as it was to just say 'ask Daddy' or 'why don't you ask your teacher tomorrow!'  (whilst wondering how quickly Tesco can deliver!)  I actually said 'we'll have a conversation later.'  Followed by 'what book are you reading?!!'  Was only a Jacqueline Wilson school book actually.

7-year-old then proceeds to sit there saying 'sex, sex, sex!'  As I'm trying so hard not to laugh I of course have to remind her again that we'll have this conversation later and then disappear to the kitchen so I can silently have hysterics and try to work out the best way to explain this subject!

So I expect you're all wondering how I eventually explained this subject??  Well, rightly or wrongly, I think I'll leave you all wondering!! However, please be reassured that I did give her a brief, age appropriate explanation and advised her that she will undoubtedly learn about it in more detail at school one day!!

Before I go, I think I should add an earlier question from 7-year-old which is equally funny!! 'Mummy what's a p*ss artist?!!'  Read in the same offending book as above! However, the word was actually PSYCHIATRIST!!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha oh no!!! Kids come out with the funniest things. My nearly 2 year old niece tonight came up to me all blue-eyed and said 'daddy gone piss' to me. I said.. Oh has daddy gone for a wee? And she said 'yes. Daddy gone piss'

    Glad we got that one cleared up! 😂

    ReplyDelete