Tuesday 10 October 2017

Baggage Baggage Baggage!

Since having 2 children the contents of my handbag is sometimes along the lines of a Mary Poppins bag!  If a hat stand and a full length mirror don't appear I'm surprised!

The other day for example I went to work with 2 plastic dinosaurs for company, and ended the day with a bottle of Cif Kitchen and a pair of marigolds in there (as well as the 2 dinosaurs!)

As a mother you can generally find something for every eventuality in my handbag!  Such as plasters, Germolene, headache tablets, cardigans for me and the kids, rain coats for me and the kids, 2 water bottles for the kids, travel mug full of caffeine for me, shopping 'bag for life,' umbrella, hairbrush, hair tie, compact mirror (not full length!) the list in endless!

The school run is getting more interesting for baggage now both kids are at school too!  Particularly on Thursdays when we have 2 lunch boxes, 2 water bottles, 2 book bags, 2 rain coats and a dance kit!  My smallest one looks like he might topple over before he reaches the classroom! 

I always thought that once a changing bag was no longer needed, that the baggage would decrease, and the need to take everything including the kitchen sink every time you went out would cease.  However, since this lack of changing bag has occurred, my handbag has just doubled in size!  And without a pushchair to hang everything on as well, I actually have to carry any shopping bags, coats etc, most inconvenient! 

Honestly, all my Mummy friends with younger children, you're longing for the day you ditch the pushchair, but imagine juggling a handbag the size of a small suitcase, holding 2 kids hands, a takeaway coffee and some shopping bags!

xx









No comments:

Post a Comment