Tuesday 24 October 2017

Diagraphs and Innovation!

Help!  I'm no longer bringing up babies!  My children are growing up too fast!  My (only just) 4-year-old is talking about diagraphs and yesterday mentioned the word innovation!  So I guess it's clear we're definitely in the Primary school years now!

I remember when my daughter was 4 and came home from school repeating 'we must always endeavour and we must never give up!'  A sign she wasn't going to be 4 forever!

How have they gone from this




to this is about 5 seconds!


I am now quite used to them both being at school all day.  It's nice to actually get conversations in with people without constant interruptions, and half term this week seems to have come around so fast.  However, I do feel like I've blinked and missed it a bit. 

When I had my son, second child, I was determined to make the most of the baby stage, enjoy it, because they're not babies for long, just as everyone had said when I had my first child.  With the first child you're so exhausted and I personally found it such a shock to the system, that you don't necessarily enjoy it (not true for everyone obviously). 

I still call my son 'baby' even though babies don't talk about diagraphs! 

My daughter, when walking back from the Chinese takeaway with me on Friday evening, I said 'I don't know' to something but I said it fast (so that it didn't sound quite like I don't know) she questioned what I said, when I explained she said 'oh yes Mummy that's a contraction!'  I think we have different ideas to what a contraction is!!  She meant it in grammatical terms (I had squeezed the words I don't know together).

I was left wondering who was the adult!

This was followed by my son, repeating numbers back in Mandarin! The whole school had been learning about Shanghai apparently and my daughter was asking me what numbers I thought she was saying in Mandarin, 4-year-old answered and was right!!

However, I'm not sure i should be overly concerned at this moment about their quick aging as my son is currently head butting the sofa and laughing to himself!

Xx











No comments:

Post a Comment