Tuesday 26 June 2018

The new 8-year-old

So 7-year-old is now 8-year-old.

How did this happen! How did the young baby who was once photographed licking my parent's patio doors turn into an 8-year-old in the blink of an eye!  (As a note, she no longer licks patio doors!)




Honestly, you have a baby (babies) and you drag yourself through the baby stage of sleepless nights, 3 hourly feedings, 5 minutely nappy changes.  Into watching them learn to crawl, walk, talk. Start nursery and school. Then the next minute they're 8, about to finish year 3 of school, and sometimes I don't always feel there's much I can teach her.

She corrects me on grammar and times tables. If writing something she'll twist sentences around to make them sound better (and I'm the one that apparently wrote my own book!!)

Each phase of parenting passes in a flash. You'll always think the stage you're at now is the hardest. Time and circumstances move on and each day you wonder why you worried about all the stuff that's gone, and each day presents you with new challenges you never dreamt of!

I look at my friends with older children and think 'oh God how will I cope with that in the future!'  Then I look at my friends with younger children and am partly glad I've gone past the baby stage, whilst also enjoying holding a light weight 'lap sized' child for 5 minutes!

So here we go, the year of the 8-year-old has begun!



Xxx8xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment