Tuesday 3 July 2018

Bobby the Bumblebee

Oh dear God help me!

This is the phrase that goes through every parent's mind when they see their child charging towards them from the school gate, clutching (whilst grinning from ear to ear) the class mascot!

The endless photo taking all weekend, filling in the diary and how to outdo what the family the weekend before wrote! And for God's sake don't lose the flipping bee!

So, this is the truth, it's what I would have loved to write in the diary!  (From the bee's perspective of course!)

On Friday night I was chucked on the sofa and ignored for hours. I witnessed strops over dinner, colouring pens and pyjamas!

At bed time another strop ensued because apparently 4-year-old wasn't tired. After being bribed to go to bed, he eventually comes back downstairs and remembers me!  I sit quietly and listen to 4-year-olds favourite bed time stories. I dont think his mummy was as impressed as me at the book choices as she's read these stories every night for weeks!

The next day I'm barely thought of, and spend the day in Mummy's handbag, with the exception of the odd photo shoot!

On the final day, again it's Mummy's handbag for the day with considerably less photo taking as by now, not only 4-year-old, but Mummy and Daddy too, are fed up with this game!

Finally on Monday morning I am shoved back in my own bag, and handed back to the class teacher, where I am instantly forgotten by this child!  I can't wait for Friday afternoon, when I get to do it all again with another 4-year-old!

Oh Happy days!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment